понеделник, 12 юни 2017 г.

ghjghjhgj

Antiparos - Greece Realty

Short History of Antiparos
Antiparos was originally known as Oliaros and its historical course is mostly connected with Paros, an integral part to the forming of Antiparos.

Oliaros got its new name in the 13th Century A.D.According to myths, Antiparos was one of the 50 sons of Aegyptos, and was murdered by his wife Critomethea, one of the 50 Danaides, along with 48 of his brothers.

The island suffered from pirate attacks from the Byzantine times, down to the 13th Century. In 1537, Antiparos finally fell prey to the Ottomans and the pirate Barbarossa. During his reign, the island was said to have suffered greatly due to the pirate and the Ottomans' raids.

The Antiparos you see now, is gained by the efforts of the early Antiparians. By actively participating in the war of independence, the island was officially incorporated into the Greek state in 1832. The island also took active part in resisting the Germans during World War II by serving as a secret base for the Allies.

Looking for a new apartment here in Antiparos? Then you've come to the right place! Aigaiouavra.gr is an online realty website to help you find a new home or a place to rent for your holiday at Antiparos. Want to know more about Antiparos? Our website provide detailed information and descriptions of this wonderful island as well. Navigate easily with our menu located at the top of every page. Enjoy your stay here!
*****************************

More About Antiparos

It is a small holiday paradise located southwest from Paros  in the Cyclades Islands of Greece. The calm cycladic landscape, with the scattered churches, the famous cave and the Enetic castle, is ideal for sightseeing. The variety of the coast, where golden sand beaches give way to small remote bays with blue-green waters, offers magical moments.

Antiparos offers an authentic taste of the real Cycladic landscape. A small picturesque village, with white houses, nice restaurants with fresh fish, shops and bars, the ruins of an old castle and the archeological museum are some of the interesting points in the main village.On the countryside, the sandy beaches in deserted bays, small restaurants located by the seafront and the famous "Cave" with stalactites and stalagmites make the island exceptional.The archeological findings in Despotiko Island reveal that the "old Prepesinthos" was inhabited and had developed a great civilization during the ancient years. What are you waiting for?

Click here to start searching for your dream home now!
*****************************

Paros island Greece

The road to the south eads to Marpissa (17 km/10.5 mi from Parikia), the major village of South Paros. Built on a low hill (40 m/131 ft), it is sparkling-white with its traditional houses, windmills, whitewashed lanes and old churches. On its west rises the hill of Kefalos, with ruins of the Venetian castle (built before 1500) and on its top the monastery of Ag. Antonios (16th century), with beautiful icons and a fretwork icon screen.

The port of Marpissa is Pisso Livadi, a picturesque resort with a clear-water sandy beach, good tourist services and direct connection to Naxos, Mykonos, Santorini and other islands of the Cyclades during the summer months. Right next to it, going south, the long beach of Logaras with its blue flag is ideal for swimming, spearfishing and various water sports. At an altitude of 400 m (1312 ft) above Dryos is the monastery of Ag. Georgios, and south of the monastery is the cave of Kalpakis, which was inhabited in prehistoric times, with stalagmites and stalactites. The area, besides its natural beauties and tourist services, has many more experiences to offer, such as its traditional feasts. On Good Friday a representation of the Passion takes place in Marpissa, and on Easter Sunday locals and visitors alike join in merrymaking in the Feast of Love. Other feasts are those of the Ascension in Pisso Livadi, with fish, wine and raki offered, of Ai Giannis Klidonas in the end of July with satirical songs, and of the Transfiguration in Marpissa on the 6th of August with various cultural events.
*****************************

Parikia in Paros island Greece

Parikia is built on the site of the ancient town called Paros. For the origin of its present name we'll have to go back to the Byzantine period, when the church of Ekatontapyliani had great power, using many of the island's inhabitants as tenant farmers, known at that time as 'paroikoi' (residents). These had settled in the old town, whose name was gradualy changed to Parikia. The history of Parikia is the history of the island itself, which in the course of time builds the future with the ruins of the past. With marble as its keystone, it combines the old with the new, constructing Christian temples on sites where ancient gods were worshipped, erecting walls with marble from ancient temples, adorning its houses with marble inscriptions and fragments of older buildings. It is an uninterrupted continuity of land and people, which becomes evident as we stroll through Parikia's narrow streets and let our steps take us to the ancient cemetery, to the castle, to small bridges, fountains, mansions with carved marble lintels, to balconies full of basil and geranium pots.Everywhere, traces of this age-long history abound. In the Kastro quarter, on the hill of the Parikia acropolis southeast of the port, besides the ruined Venetian castle built by the Duke of Naxos, Sanudo, in the 13th century, there is also the ancient temple of Athena (525 BC) and many churches, including Panagia tou Stavrou (Our Lady of the Cross, 1514) and Agios Konstantinos. Next to the foundations of the temple of Athena, a whole settlement of the 3rd millennium BC was unearthed. On the hill of Agia Anna, southwest of the town, are the ruins of the Asclepeion, a site of worship of the god of medicine, built in the 4th century BC. Right above the Asclepeion there are parts of the foundations of the temple dedicated to Pithian Apollo. North of the bay of Parikia is the site of Delion, a sanctuary dedicated to the three gods of Delos, Apollo, Leto and Artemis. Close to the old wine factory, one of the most important cemeteries in the Cyclades, used from the 8th century BC down to the 2nd century AD, was discovered in 1983. Next to the High School of Parikia is the Archaeological Museum of Paros. It houses the finds of excavations made on the island, keys that open to the visitor's eyes a 6,000-year-long history. Neolithic finds from the islet of Saliagos (4000 BC), statuettes of the Copper Age, the mosaic Heracles of the Roman period, tombstones, the 'Parian Chronicle' (262 BC), are just a few of the treasures exhibited in the Museum of Paros. Paros's most sacred jewel, though, is the church of Panagia Ekatontapyliani (Our Lady of the Hundred Doors), the greatest Early Christian monument in Greece, together with Acheiropoietos and Agios Demetrios in Thessaloniki. It lies on the northeastern part of the town, close to the port, and has an age of 17 centuries. Its original name seems to be Katapoliani, from Greek 'kata tin polin', meaning toward the town, that is, the ancient town. The name Ekatontapyliani that came to prevail was a creation of 17th-century scholars, who wanted thus to compare the splendour of the church to that of the temple of Ekatopylon (Hundred-Door) in ancient Thebes of Egypt.

*****************************

Paros History, info on history in Paros island Greece

Paros has been inhabited since the Neolithic Age, a fact proved by the Late Neolithic (early 4th millennium BC) settlement that came to light on the tiny islet of Saliagos between Paros and Antiparos. During the Early Cycladic period (3200-2700 BC) it developed an important civilisation, traces of which are evident in the settlements and cemeteries found in both Paros and Antiparos. The domination of the Minoan civilisation throughout the Aegean in the Middle and Late Cycladic periods did not affect Paros's development. Thanks to its natural harbours and strategic position, it was used as a major maritime station by the Cretans who controlled trade and communication between Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians and peoples of the Balkan peninsula. Paros's importance is reflected in the name it was given at that time: Minoa.

Paros was later settled by Ionians who fled from the mainland, chased by the Dorians (1100 BC). In the beginning of the first millennium BC, a group of chased Arcadians led by Paros, son of Parrasios, arrived on the island. It is to the leader of this group that Paros owes its present name. In the course of time, intermingling of the few Arcadians with the Ionians produced an intelligent and enterprising race of people who promoted not just agriculture but trade as well (mainly by providing Phoenicians with marble), amassed great wealth on the island and made Paros a big maritime power that dominated the northern Aegean for about two centuries (7th-8th BC). In that time Paros expanded in faraway lands, founding colonies in Thassos (7th century), the Hellespont (Dardanelles) and the region of the Adriatic Sea. It was during the time of the island's height of prosperity, in the 7th century, that the greatest iambic poet of antiquity, Archilochus, lived and worked here. He is considered to be the father of the classical comedy playwrights, an inspired poet with sarcastic spirit who was honoured as a god by his fellow-countrymen. A sanctuary devoted to him has been found near Parikia. In the 6th century BC the centre of Cycladic life shifts to Naxos, and Paros falls gradually into decline. In the Persian Wars (490-479 BC) the Parians fought on the Persian side and were eventually defeated. The Athenian fleet, then, led by Themistocles, subjugated the island and turned it into their ally. During classical times, and later as well, Paros's life and economy revolves around its marble quarries.

*****************************

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар